Articles & Interviews

Bill Skarsgård in Film på Bio

Bill in the news. Print, audio and video interviews & articles.

Bill Skarsgård in Film på Bio

Postby Nordanswede » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Bill was interviewed in the summer issue of the Swedish movie magazine Film på Bio:

The article (my translation):

Bill Skarsgård about being recognized, the new movie and the future
The latest year has been hectic for Bill Skarsgård. Before one could get used to the number of siblings Skarsgård apparently being infinite, he`d seized almost every interesting film part a 20 year old guy can have in Sweden today.

While "I rymden finns inga känslor" and "Himlen är oskyldigt blå" replaced each other at the cinemas, he was working hard at making "Simon och ekarna" and now the current "Kronjuvelerna". Strangely enough it`s not between takes of another four movies that we get a chat with the newly hatched star.

- I`m free now and have no real plans. I read a lot of scripts. But my big project right now is getting my driver`s license.

* Did this last year turn out the way you expected?

- People recognize me on the subway now. I had expected that. But I choose to ignore it, it can be tiresome in the long run.

* You are in this year`s big movie in Sweden, Ella Lemhagen`s "Kronjuvelerna". Tell us about the movie.

- It`s a very special movie. It`s hard to explain the movie, one has to see it. This is also the movie`s strength. In some way it`s an ordinary crime movie when a girl who is interrogated about a crime, but her story to us is an unexpected journey.

* Which part to you play?

- I play Rickard Persson, a guy who meets Alicia Vikander`s character Fragancia on BB [which I think is short for kindergarten but some of you might know better?] and then stalks her through life. As a newborn he was lost on the floor and got an metal plate operated into his head. Therefor the scar on his forehead.

* You recorded the movie in Lithuania. Why?

- It was in Vilnius which is a really great old city. I think Ella wanted to created some kind of fairytale world. It`s supposed to take place in Sweden and yet not. It looked pretty odd with Swedish signs everywhere and everything reminded you of Sweden, but you still get that Eastern European feeling. The filming of this movie is very beautiful.

* You are so serious in your characters - no matter if it`s drama or comedy. Are you Sweden`s Buster Keaton?

- Yes, no ... When you play comedy you can never have the intention of being funny. You have to let the situation be funny. In "Kronjuvelerna" my character is fairly tragic and then serious is pretty close. I interpret a role the way I read it in the script.

* will you follow the trend and make movies in Hollywood anytime soon?

- That would be cool. I have an agent there. I`ve had quite a few roles that fit me in good movies. But I can`t count on that to continue. Very few movies are being made in Sweden. The movie industry is more global now and I think we Swedes have an advantage compared to Germans and French actors because we speak English well.

* Any dream project(s)?

- I don`t want to become a mega celebrity and make movies like "Twilight". I want to continue doing good characters no matter what I film.

(In the circle in the middle)
Bill Skarsgård
Lives: Södermalm, Mosebacke.
Girlfriend: Yes
Currently: In Ella Lemhagen`s "Kronjuvelerna" where he plays against Alicia Vikander and Björn Gustafsson. In December he plays the leading role in the filming of Marianne Fredriksson`s "Simon & ekarna".

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Re: Bill Skarsgård in Film på Bio

Postby Alby1990 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Crap. :twisted: He has a girlfriend! I guess I'll have to cancel my flight to Sweden!

Thank you NDS for bringing information about the Alex's family jewels! :sexytime: :sexytime:
Alby1990
POG

Re: Bill Skarsgård in Film på Bio

Postby Nordanswede » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 am

Alby1990 wrote:
Thank you NDS for bringing information about the Alex's family jewels! :sexytime: :sexytime:

Thank you!

:spitscoffee: And here "family jewels" is a euphemism for the "dangling bits" - so for a moment there I thought I`d given information I couldn`t remember . :spitscoffee:

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Return to Articles & Interviews