[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4359: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4361: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
Alexander Skarsgård Library Forum • View topic - Gustaf speaks out for Iran

Other Projects

Gustaf speaks out for Iran

Other projects aside from film, theater and television.

Re: Gustaf speaks out for Iran

Postby emmy0323 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 pm

It's expensive, but it's also very large. - Rascal
emmy0323
Iron Angel

custom title:

Postby sunnyparker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 pm

I like whales, watching them not their meaty flavor, and Van Morrison too - listen to Astral Weeks. (Hides from NDS)

Guess AS and I are made for each other. :flashheart:

Gustaf does have that wonderful "Royal Dramaten" trained voice, just like Dad. :D
sunnyparker
Recon Marine

Postby leela » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm

leela
Wienerbröd

Postby MissSwan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I don't think he would've done it just for her, if he didn't actually believe in it himself. And to tell you the truth I've always been more touched by animal rights causes than human ones, for the simple reason that I've always believed animals are far more helpless to what people do to them than humans are. I'm much more ashamed for humanity that there are only about 3500 tigers left in the wild, than about any human rights plea. I know, some will say priorities. To me, priorities are the endangered species, while the human race is 6 billion and growing. That may sound harsh, but it's nonetheless true. Don't hate me, that's just the way I feel.
You transfix me, quite!
MissSwan
Eric's Bonded

custom title:

Postby leela » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 pm

leela
Wienerbröd

Postby Nordanswede » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 pm

I just want to make it clear that I have nothing against animal rights causes - it`s just that I object to city people being so shocked over wild animals being killed for food and they eat their cows and pigs gladly.

I would rather be a whale that was shot after 10 years of happy swimming than a chicken inprisoned for life.

So anyone saying anything about not killing whales for food to me better be a vegetarian :tongue3: :vikingax:

And I want to stress that the whales being killed in Norway and the Faroe Islands are not threatened by extinction.

coughcough - that was my humble opinion. :salute:

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby MissSwan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Recycling rules! I am so glad that I can do that in Sweden, because in Romania, you can't even if you want to. There's just one trash where everything goes. Sometimes you can find some separate containers on the street but not in blocks of flats. Here in Sweden you have like 11 categories for sorting! :sexytime:

NDS, I was not referring to you, just venting out some frustration I've had from many conversations. I know and I agree with what you say, the killing animals for food cause is on a very thin line. That is not an issue with me because I eat meat, and that's just "top of the food chain" issue. Not to mention that animals on the verge of extinction or that are extinct have seldom become so because of being killed for food. My problem comes when animals are killed for pure sport, fur, tusks or whatever other stupid and useless thing like tigers, elephants etc. Sure we have to eat, I get that and it's fine, but we don't need fur coats, when textiles are just as good, and we certainly don't need boar heads on our walls.
*off the soap box*

:grouphug:
You transfix me, quite!
MissSwan
Eric's Bonded

custom title:

Postby Nordanswede » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 pm

haha, I had the fur conversation with a guy living in the Northern part of Norway once. I was also claiming noone needs fur. He just laughed in my face and told me that Oslo-people (which I apparently was in his eyes) knew nothing about cold weather since we "only" get -20 Celcius in the Winter. Apparently fur was the only thing that could keep out -45. I have to add that he was wearing sheep fur/skin and the meat was eaten.

I have no idea if he is right :shrug: . I am still not buying fur.

This just goes to show that every culture, every country, every person has a different perspective on things. :cheers:

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby emmy0323 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I should've said this differently. I didn't mean he was badgered into doing the whale thing, I just meant that it was probably Kristin who asked him to do it. If he didn't think it was a worthy cause, I'm sure he would've said no.

And on the whole fur/eating meat thing, well, what's to say. I do eat meat, but very little. I think the problem is not people eating meat in general, it's the way those animals are raised and treated. It's not only cruel, it's also not the healthiest meat that comes out of those "factories". We just need to think more about what we eat, where it comes from and use the power we have as consumers. People spend too much effin' money on sh*t they don't need and then wanna save money on food. That's just dumb.
In my opinion, healthy, happy animals equal healthy meat. There.

And I can't stand people who love to stress that they refuse to wear fur or eat meat because of the poor poor animals, but run around wearing leather. Pffff, please. I try to eat meat only when I know where it came from (like the local farmer/butcher), I would never wear fur (because really, it's not that cold where I live) and don't buy leather bags or belts and such. I do wear leather shoes, I admit.

Thanks for lending me your soap box, guys! *steps off and gives box back to NDS and MissSwan*

It's expensive, but it's also very large. - Rascal
emmy0323
Iron Angel

custom title:

Postby Nordanswede » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

PreviousNext

Return to Other Projects