[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4359: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4361: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
Alexander Skarsgård Library Forum • View topic - Season 4 - discussing the episodes

Season 4 Spoilers and discussions

Season 4 - discussing the episodes

Re: Season 4 - discussing the episodes

Postby Nordanswede » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:58 pm

I don`t think Eric was "good" in book 4. He was Eric - which is also being a jerk. But I love him in the books - he is who he is. And I never really disliked Bill in the books . So I agree that Eric and Bill may not have changed that much even if their actions have been changed.

It`s how AB has changed the women, I really hate. Sookie is turned into a dumb woman that has you wondering why anyone would ever fight over her. Her "strength" is screaming at the various men in her life - book-Sookie would never do that because she knows it would get her killed. And she would also handle things herself instead of waiting for a man to fix it for her. Sophie-Anne was also made so much weaker than she is in the books. Not to mention Pam. So many people see TB-Pam as strong, but really she`s just an Eric-fan with snarky remarks - no real strength there.

Oh, I could go on and I shouldn`t. This is a thread for True Blood - not Southern Vampire Mysteries :whistling: And for now I`ll stay clear of TB because I feel it`s degrading (at least the last season was) and that makes me so angry - but I`ll enjoy Santress` lovely caps :sexytime: because I really miss seeing Alexander Skarsgård`s great acting. He manages to put so many facets into Eric :sexytime: . He would probably be the reason why I would watch season 4. He was the reason I watched season 3 :whistling: and the only one saving some of it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Nordanswede » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 am

A great read about Book-Sookie compared to TB-Sookie:

http://peppermintyrose.livejournal.com/48884.html

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Santress » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 am

Santress
Babylon 9

Postby Nordanswede » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Thank you, Santress. I get to watch True Blood without really having to watch it :sexytime: And the caps ... :shower:

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Werle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 am

Werle
----cave lupum----- :evillaugh:
Werle
WAG

Postby Nordanswede » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 am

is dead? :shrug: Sorry - I didn`t watch it but got curious.

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Werle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:52 pm

go watch the episodes!!!

and yes, got shot in the last 4 minutes of the last episode.

really weird. didn't expect that.
Werle
Werle
WAG

Postby Nordanswede » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Nope - not watching season 4. I just can`t bring myself to do it. I will read what people are saying about it and I`ll look at pictures but even watching little tidbits on YouTube makes me cringe inside. But I do miss seeing Alexander Skarsgård acting. I wish someone would edit out everyone/everything else so I could watch just that :whistling:

So dead. Wow. No, I did not see that coming.

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Werle » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I can't understand you not watching it!! Seriously!!!
Are you so in love with the books??
I kind of separate them. I see the series as a different thing. But of cause I'm happy if they adopt something.
I really like 6 feet under. Or at least small doses of it. And I think Alan Ball is great.

You should really watch the 4. true blood, just forget about the books and see it as something complete different. It is worth a try!!! Or were you so unhappy with the other seasons??
Werle
Werle
WAG

Postby Nordanswede » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

I just hate the way women are portrayed in True Blood and that`s why I can`t watch it. Watching bimbo-Sookie makes my blood freeze and my toes curl.

Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

PreviousNext

Return to Season 4 Spoilers and discussions