[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4359: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4361: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3516)
Alexander Skarsgård Library Forum • View topic - Metro International: Skarsgård bygger ett mini-Söder i LA

Metro International: Skarsgård bygger ett mini-Söder i LA

Article Archives for 2009.

Metro International: Skarsgård bygger ett mini-Söder i LA

Postby Santress » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Santress
Babylon 9

Re: Metro International: Skarsgård bygger ett mini-Söder i LA

Postby leela » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:49 pm

I guess most people figured it out already, but I think the South they're talking about it Södermalm in Stockholm. :D

Thanks for sharing!!
leela
Wienerbröd

Postby Alby90 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks for sharing this interview! :cheers:

It's great to read his interviews, I always end up smiling :D :flashheart: LOL

But I must disagree with the ERW opinion. I've only seen several of her films, tv roles, and the work at True Blood but I've always find her "plain" or overacting. I still can't see that something that makes her special. There are lots of younger actresses with much more talent. But of course, that's only my humble opinion, don't kill me please!
Alby90
WAG

custom title:

Postby Nordanswede » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:38 am

Is this translation a bit better:

Alexander Skarsgård has become a real Hollywood star, but he doesn`t think he`ll derail. Now he is building his own Söder in LA – and is happy about being single.

Alexander Skarsgård has a tan. You get that when you live in Los Angeles, he explains. He is still looking for an apartment in Venice Beach, where his colleagues and friends from ”True Blood”, Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin, already live.

- It`s one of the few areas where one can actually walk around. I grew up on Söder and am used to having my friends just a block away and that you meet up at the usual bars and I miss it. So I`m trying to recreate a mini-Söder in Venice.

In the animated dystopia “Metropia” which premieres this Friday, he has one of the voices.

- I was the first one who came to read I think. When I saw it the first time there was a three minute long scene between me and dad. He came in two months after me, so it was damned absurd.

Ironically the move to USA has contributed to better roles in Sweden.

- Yes. Five years ago no caster would have put me in a Swedish “Generation Kill”. I was sort of a High School kid.

Another project he has just finished filming is Johan Kling`s – one of the best directors in Scandinavia according to the actor – second movie “Puss”. Little brother Gustaf is also in it, but they don`t have any scenes together.

- We don`t look actively for projects to do together, but it would have been damned cool. I would love to work with both my dad and my two actor-brothers. The things that have popped up until now have not felt very interesting. But it is going to happen.

Since the move the actor has gone from unemployed to famous. The attention has become more intense on the other side of the Atlantic.

- You drive everywhere in LA so you are in this little bobble. But absolutely, after True Blood, season two I felt a pretty big difference. Of course I see that things are written about me sometimes, but I never read fansites or blogs. I don`t think it`s good for me. If it`s negative, I know it will stick to my brain. Or if you just read a lot of positive things then the ego will swell and explode, sort of.

Have you taken any diva attitudes?
- You would have to ask my friends. Nothing would pain me more than if one of them said that I had changed. But I don`t think so. I was after all over thirty when things started to happen in USA.

Even the rumors are growing about Alexander and his coactresses Evan Rachel Wood and Kate Bosworth.
- There is not young girl I know in Hollywood that I haven`t been paired with. But that`s how it gets, if I walk into a taxi with a girl, of course we are married.

How is your love ilfe?
- It looks good. I am not in a relationship.

But it looks good?
- Haha, are you asking me if I get laid? No, it looks bad in that department.

Alexander Skarsgård about:
Kate Bosworth, coactress in Straw Dogs: She is incredibly strong in this movie. She really threw herself out there and took a chance. I have so much respect for her, there are a lot of goodlooking Hollywood-broads who wouldn`t dare to do that. She is damned smart, great girl. We are great friends.

Lady Gaga, coactress in the music video to “Paparazzi”: I don`t know her. We had one day of work together. It was crazy. She is a little screwed, but obviously also very driven. So we had a lot of fun.

Stephen Moyer, coactor in True Blood: Stephen is one of the people I work closest to so we have really gotten to know each other. He is damned funny, lovely British humor, cool as hell. A very good friend.

Evan Rachel Wood, coactress in a few episodes of True Blood: She is really one of the best actresses of her generation, incredibly talented. I think she will be one of the best of her generation. She is damned young, just 22.

Perez Hilton, who blogs appreciatively about him: I don`t know him. It is probably cool that he does his thing and that people like it. I don`t really know, I don`t really know him. But he obviously does something a lot of people can relate to.

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby leela » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:05 am

thanks for the translation! :thanks:

It's not unusual, that actors praise their co-workers, but I think he went a bit over the top with ERW. :lol:
leela
Wienerbröd

Postby Mrs.Colbert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:00 am

Thank you guys for the translation!!!!!

I loved this interview.... :twirl:
Mrs.Colbert
Transvestite Fugitive

Postby marie quite contrary » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks for interpreting the interview. I have to agree with Alby's opinion. :sexytime:
Don't worry Alby i think lots will agree with you haha! :lol:
ImageImage
marie quite contrary
Rubber Ducky

custom title:

Postby Nordanswede » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:36 am

I must admit I find it sweet that he supports a young actress and colleague like that. When you are that age and in that kind of profession, you need all the praise you can get.

Btw - did anyone notice the very important answer that lacked in the Google-translation? Not that I want to go into very intimate discussions about his love life (which is his and no one else`s) - just say "good luck" and hope for the best in the future.

Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish, nor a noble name.
- The Håvamål (lessons from the Vikings)
Nordanswede
Jonas Stark

Postby Mrs.Colbert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:47 am

Well, in the movies subforum I discuss that a lot of times. I agree with him on the ERW thing. I have always found her a great actress in everything I have seen of her. I still haven't watched her portray the Queen but judging from what I have seen she is going get even bigger. She is Oscar-material in some of her movies so... give her a little more time. She is 22 so...

He seemed great in that interview... very relaxed.
Mrs.Colbert
Transvestite Fugitive

Postby sjdfan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks for the translation NDS! I always seem to like the Swedish interviews more, he just seems more relaxed and open.
sjdfan
Iron Angel

custom title:

Next

Return to 2009