- First and foremost, we ask that you be respectful to your fellow members, the writers, the original authors, and Alex and his family, if you choose to write about them. Sensitive subjects, such as rape and non-consensual situations, must be handled with care and consideration.
- Reviews are appreciated, as they motivate the writers. Again, respect is key. Constructive criticism is more than welcome, but disparaging remarks are not.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a
suitable disclaimer is not included, the Librarians reserve the right
to add a disclaimer.
Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Please try to make titles and summaries kid friendly.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The Librarians are not grammar Nazis. However, the Librarians reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the Librarians or ask a friend to help you.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. For categories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Dead Until Dark. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Sookie gets attacked by Rene.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the Librarians. We reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.